Alison Rowe is the lawyer for the job for virtually any legal issue arising in the horse industry. For example:
- Litigation–purchase and sale disputes; lien disputes; horse partnership disputes; lawsuits involving horses; equine-related mediations; equine-related arbitrations; lien foreslosures; equine seizures and sequestrations; disciplinary hearings before breed registries and other equine organizations;
- Equine Transactions–entity formation for risk avoidance; stallion syndications; racing partnerships; co-ownerships; stallion service agreements; horse leases; agreements to sell horses on terms; foal-sharing agreements; international horse sales; boarding agreements; training agreements; consignment agreements; liability releases; real estate holding companies; ranch sales and leases.
- Non-Profit Organizations–Formation of equine rescues, charities, foundations and 501(c)(3) entities.
- Bankruptcy–Representation and counsel regarding reorganization and bankruptcy proceedings involving horse owners and horse operations.
- Environmental & Administrative–Representation and counsel with respect to surface and subsurface water rights issues facing ranches; Texas Racing Commission hearings and appeals; agricultural waste issues.
- Estate Planning–Establishment and administration of trusts; probate and estate administration; tax and business planning for horse owners.
- Tax–Representation in tax controversies; tax planning involving issues such as hobby loss, passive loss, and sales/use taxes arising in horse operations.
- Intellectual Property–Protect intellectual property such as horse-related names, brands, photos and logos; racing stable names, silks & colors.